|Job title||Operations Coordinator|
|Contract type||Permanent, with 6 months probation |
|Salary||£40,800 (full time)|
|Benefits||25 days annual leave per annum |
Plus, all UK public and bank holidays pro-rata (UK public holidays on dates of your choice.)
Full office closure for a week at Christmas and in August
Annual leave allocation increases annually by one day (up to a maximum of five days)
10% employer pension contribution
|Deadline for applications||Monday 29th November 2021 (at 9am)|
Foxglove is a non-profit that exists to make technology fair for us all. In just two years, we’ve brought several ground-breaking cases taking on Big Tech and government – and won.
We’ve forced disclosure of secret contracts between tech giants and the NHS, stopped a racist Home Office visa algorithm, helped make grading fair for all A level students in the UK, forced the government to pause the NHS data grab and helped hundreds of Facebook workers speak out against workplace exploitation.
We are a small, growing team of lawyers, activists and communications specialists. We investigate, litigate, and advocate for justice in technology. We’re just getting started. We hope you want to join us.
Foxglove is a young organisation and we are looking for someone to join us at an exciting time to support the smooth running of Foxglove as we grow. The post-holder will support our finance and fundraising administration, ensure we have strong systems to operate effectively, and assist the team with office, diary and administrative support.
You are organised and efficient, manage time effectively in a busy, varied role, and like juggling multiple responsibilities in a challenging environment. You value a workplace that is fun and irreverent, and you know social change is a marathon, not a sprint.
We think it takes collective effort to build something that lasts, not a hero or a martyr. If this role and the Foxglove mission excites you, and you’d like to support our work, we would love to hear from you. We are actively working to improve our diversity – because an effective and creative team is made of people from different walks of life.
This is a new role at Foxglove and the post holder will be key as the organisation grows. Responsibilities include:
Office management and systems.
- Ensure the smooth running of our small London-based office.
- Provide general administrative support to the management team.
- Manage our relationship with our external IT provider.
- Organise information to support our monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Provide the highest level of supporter communications, ensuring efficient and comprehensive responses to enquiries from the public.
Fundraising and finance support.
- Support finance administration (collating invoices, gathering expense receipts and processing them in our accounting software)
- Oversee the efficient recording of all fundraising income and supporter donations.
- Prepare financial reports for funders and for our management team.
- Support the preparation of our monthly accounts.
Director and team support.
- Organise meetings, prepare agendas and background notes.
- Provide diary management and travel planning support for our management team.
- Help plan team away days and retreats.
- Support human resources administration.
- Experience in providing administrative support to a non-profit or charity
- Experience using contact management databases and accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter / able to work independently
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to be flexible, respond quickly to changing demands, effectively prioritise and meet deadlines
- Willingness to muck in and support other members of a small team as required
- The ability to organise yourself and others
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Right to work in the UK
- A bookkeeping qualification or experience in financial administration
- Passion for tech-justice issues
Length and salary
The role is permanent upon completion of a six- month probationary period. The annual salary is £40,800 per annum less any required deductions for income tax and national insurance. Please note that our pay is transparent and non-negotiable. This role will be based in our London office.
How to apply
To apply please send a copy of your cv and a 2-page cover letter detailing why you are best suited to the role. Foxglove conducts blind shortlisting with identifying information removed from application forms for all roles.
Please send application documents as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline above. We would be grateful if you could complete and return this diversity monitoring form alongside your application.
Foxglove is new and we are growing. We are striving to build a team that is truly inclusive. We will create a diverse and adaptable environment where we support people to do their best work. We believe an effective and creative team is made up of people from different walks of life.
If any part of this process causes you difficulty, please get in touch with us: email@example.com.