Finance and Fundraising Coordinator
|Contract type:||Permanent |
We are open to receiving applications from part time (3 days per week) and full time applicants.
|Salary:||£40,800 (full time)|
|Benefits:||25 days annual leave per annum |
Plus, all UK public and bank holidays pro-rata (UK public holidays on dates of your choice.)
Additional time off for a week in August and in December while our offices are closed.
Annual leave allocation increases annually by one day (up to a maximum of five days)
10% employer pension contribution
|Call for applications||July 2021|
|Deadline for applications:||17 September 2021 (at 9am)|
The face of power has changed. Until recently, people treated unfairly could often point to a person responsible: that policeman stopped me for no reason, that corporate boss cut my pay, that bureaucrat denied my mother a visa.
Injustice remains, but today it often hides behind a technical veneer. Decisions that affect the lives of thousands are made, or heavily influenced, by computer systems the public was never asked about and they don’t yet see. From insurers to police to Amazon and Facebook, power is exercised through algorithmic systems used to grade us and sort us.
That’s where we come in. Foxglove is a non-profit that exists to make tech fair for us all. In our first two years we forced disclosure of secret contracts between tech giants and the NHS, stopped a racist Home Office visa streaming algorithm, helped make grading fair for all A level students in the UK, forced the government to extend the GP data grab deadline and helped over 360 Facebook workers speak out against their harmful workplace conditions. We’re just getting started. We hope you want to join us.
Foxglove is a young organisation and we are looking for someone to help manage our finances and grow our supporter base and income. We are funded by donations from members of the public as well as trusts and foundations. We hope our Finance and Fundraising Coordinator will introduce Foxglove to new audiences, work closely with existing supporters and support grant fundraising. The post holder will be excellent at spotting new opportunities, will have exceptional administration skills and be an effective communicator.
Foxglove is a small, growing team of lawyers, activists and communications specialists. We investigate, litigate, and advocate for justice in technology. We’re working across Europe, helping some of tech’s most vulnerable workers organise for better conditions. And we’re standing up to the tech giants who exploit our attention for profit.
You are highly organised, an effective communicator and experienced in supporter engagement and non-profit fundraising. You are a self-starter with the initiative to set your own tasks and find opportunities, but also have team-spiritedness to contribute to a shared goal and celebrate others’ work.
You value a workplace that is fun and irreverent, and you know social change is a marathon, not a sprint. We think it takes collective effort to build something that lasts, not a hero or a martyr. If this role and the Foxglove mission excites you, we would love to hear from you. We are actively working to improve our diversity – because an effective and creative team is made of people from different walks of life.
This is an essential position in the organisation. The role will be 50% administrative and 50% supporter and funder engagement. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write compelling copy for supporter engagement communications.
- Think creatively and implement strategies to engage existing and new supporters in our cases and campaigns.
- Provide the highest level of supporter communications, ensuring efficient and comprehensive responses to incoming enquiries.
- Manage and keep our contact management system up to date.
- Oversee the efficient recording and reconciliation of all fundraising income.
- Process donations.
- Research new income sources for Foxglove and support funding applications.
- Keep on top of donor reporting requirements and draft donor narrative and financial reports.
- Support the preparation of our monthly accounts.
- Support our finance administration (collating invoices, gathering expense receipts and processing them in our accounting software)
- Work with the directors in preparing our annual budgets and forecasts.
- Experience in growing individual giving for small non-profits or charities
- Experience in finance and fundraising administration and processes at a small non-profit or charity
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter / able to work independently
- Experience using contact management databases and accounting software
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to be flexible, respond quickly to changing demands, effectively prioritise and meet deadlines
- Willingness to muck in and support other members of a small team as required
- Passion for tech-justice issues
- Book keeping experience or qualification
Length and salary
The role is a permanent role upon completion of a six-month probationary period. The annual salary is £40,800 (pro-rata) per annum less any required deductions for income tax and national insurance. Please note that our pay is transparent and non-negotiable.
How to apply
Please complete our application form and send it to us as an attachment by the deadline above. We would be grateful if you could complete and return our diversity monitoring form alongside your application.
Foxglove is new and we are growing. We are striving to build a team that is truly inclusive. We will create a diverse and adaptable environment where we support people to do their best work. We believe an effective and creative team is made up of people from different walks of life.
If any part of this process causes you difficulty, please get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to know more about how we process your data as part of the recruitment process you can read our recruitment data use policy here.