|Contract type||18 month fixed term, with 6 months probation |
Full time London based
|Salary||£44,800 (full time)|
|Benefits||25 days annual leave per annum |
Plus, all UK public and bank holidays pro-rata (UK public holidays on dates of your choice.)
Full office closure for a week at Christmas and in August
Annual leave allocation increases annually by one day (up to a maximum of five days)
10% employer pension contribution
|Deadline for applications||Rolling and ASAP|
Foxglove is a non-profit that exists to make technology fair for us all. In just over two years, we’ve brought several ground-breaking cases taking on Big Tech and government – and won.
We’ve forced disclosure of secret contracts between tech giants and the NHS, stopped a racist Home Office visa algorithm, helped make grading fair for all A level students in the UK, forced the government to pause the NHS data grab and helped hundreds of Facebook workers speak out against workplace exploitation.
We are a small, growing team of lawyers, activists and communications specialists. We investigate, litigate, and advocate for justice in technology. We’re just getting started. We hope you want to join us.
The Digital Campaigner will play a critical role in Foxglove’s public-facing work. You’ll support our ambitious growth plans and significantly increase Foxglove’s supporter base and income from the public. Your creative and technical skills will help us amplify our cases and projects.
You already work at the cutting edge of digital campaigning. You have experience in digital engagement and a strong track record in using it to achieve results. You are a positive person with a can-do attitude. You’re happy to muck in on a task, big or small, and you have the skills and ability to bring Foxglove campaigns to new audiences.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and delivering online fundraising activities and campaigns to ensure that targets for one-off and regular donations are met
- Working to understand our audiences to ensure our fundraising activities are as effective as possible
- Using our CRM to manage relationships with supporters and to deliver campaigns
- Generating ideas and new tactics for our campaigns and fundraising
- Managing Foxglove’s website
- Working with our Communicator and the management team to coordinate and contribute to high-quality web content
- Managing our relationship with our external website developer
3. Creating digital campaigns to amplify Foxglove cases
- Creating materials for social media to support every case and campaign.
- Contributing to and overseeing the creation of engaging website and campaign content, including video and graphics
- Identifying, where appropriate, other non-social campaign opportunities to engage the public in Foxglove’s issues
4. Supporter engagement and growth
- Maintaining and expanding Foxglove’s public profile and supporter base
- Producing copy and visual content for supporter emails and online actions
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of emails and actions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in digital campaigns or communications.
- Familiarity with a range of digital campaigning techniques, including email communications, petitions and social media.
- Experience of producing compelling multimedia content to engage and mobilise a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills: able to produce compelling, persuasive, concise written material for a range of audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills: able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and adapt priorities at short notice.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Innovative and creative mindset, eager to find novel approaches to digital storytelling.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Passion for tech-justice issues.
Length and salary
This is a fixed term 18-month contract. There will be a six-month probationary period. The annual salary is £40,800 per annum less any required deductions for income tax and national insurance. Please note that our pay is transparent and non-negotiable. This role will be based in our London office.
How to apply
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a 2-page cover letter detailing why you are best suited to the role. Foxglove conducts blind shortlisting with identifying information removed from application forms for all roles.
Please send these documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline above. We would be grateful if you could complete and return this diversity monitoring form alongside your application.
Foxglove is new and we are growing. We are striving to build a team that is truly inclusive. We will create a diverse and adaptable environment where we support people to do their best work. We believe an effective and creative team is made up of people from different walks of life.
If any part of this process causes you difficulty, please get in touch with us: email@example.com.